- Discover the complexity of border life and globalization in a traditional pueblo setting
- Learn how community leadership is demonstrated through communal programs involving food security and education in rural ejidos
- Analyze the unique interdependence between Mexican and Indigenous cultures
- Understand how indigenous identity can keep its roots while adapting to modern living
- Participate in community-defined service projects improving local schools and teaching elementary english
You will observe, listen and engage with local community members, hearing their stories and learning from their individual and collective struggles for cultural survival. A microcosm of the elements and realities of globalization, you will come away with a heightened understanding of the issues facing the human family and the planet.