You will be observing and actively listening to our community partners throughout your time in Sri Lanka. Engaging in this manner, creates a dialog across learning communities that improves self-awareness, an understanding of ethical leadership, and mindful action. Experience and exploring mindfulness activities helps to develop a global perspective on social movements as they relate to peace-building and development. You will engage in mindful discovery, participation, and reflection around the community leadership model of Sarvodaya. Many of you who seek to become life-long learners will have an opportunity to have a new world view, a new perspective of our human family.
- Discover the political, religious, and cultural constructions of community and develop a global lens for comparison
- Learn effective leadership approaches for creating mindful social movements to mobilize community change
- Analyze the community and spiritual aspects of social movement in order to identify areas of support and challenge
- Understand how leadership is exercised within Sarvodaya in alignment with Gandhian and Buddhist thought
- Participate in community-defined service projects supporting education facilities and health centers