- Discover the realities of border life and globalization in this desert environment
- Learn about the issues related to food security, education and economy in both urban and rural areas
- Analyze different methods of social movements and educational systems
- Understand how leadership is demonstrated at the community level, through community-based programs
- Participate in community-defined service projects supporting beekeeping, cactus production, and school improvements
Your service will impact the following long-term initiatives: micro-credit, health and nutrition
You will observe, listen and engage with local community members, hearing their stories and learning from their ingenious ways of surviving in an extreme climate. A microcosm of the elements and realities of globalization, you will come away with a heightened understanding of the issues facing the human family and the planet.