- Discover how international migration and the Civil War present socio-economic challenges at the community level
- Learn how community leadership is demonstrated through communal programs involving access to education
- Analyze the unique interdependence between Spanish and Mayan cultures
- Understand how indigenous identity can keep its roots while adapting to modern living
- Participate in community-defined service projects improving local schools and student health
You will be observing, engaging, and actively listening to our community partners throughout your time in Guatemala. Their ingenuity and many years of experience contain stories you will learn from and remember forever. You will learn about history and culture and gain a new understanding of the complexity of economic and agricultural priorities, as well as student achievement through continued access to education.