- Discover the historical, political, and religious constructions of community within Mexico and develop a global lens for comparison
- Learn the issues surrounding water and food security in both highly urban and rural areas
- Analyze the social movements and identify areas of support and challenge
- Understand how leadership is demonstrated at the community level, through community-based programs
- Participate in community-defined service projects supporting water catchment and lombricomposta (worm composting)
You will be observing and actively listening to our community partners throughout your time in Mexico. Their ingenuity and many years of experience contain stories you will learn from and remember. A program of life-long learning, you may come away with a new world view and a new perspective of the complexity that is Mexico.